Sponsored by:
Go to VintageWestclox website
and
Go to ClockHistory website
NOTE - Vintagewestclox.com and/or Clockhistory.com are NOT responsible for ANY post or it's content

Westclox Information
Questions and Answers about Collecting, History, Repair and Identification of Westclox Timepieces

This Forum is NOT affiliated with Westclox or any clock company!

Please use the SEARCH function BEFORE posting a new question!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Info about a Westclox item

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Westclox Information Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimgtg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Info about a Westclox item Reply with quote

About 1980 my Grandfather gave me a beautiful clock from Westclox. I have never seen another like it. It is about 3in. in diameter with a black metal casing. It has a glass domed face and the earth on the face with a 1/4 moon hour hand, and a star minute hand. The background is just space and stars. Does anyone know what it is called? Was it supposed to have a second hand? It does tick, but dosn't keep time, but I love it and would so appreciate any information on this clock. My Grandfather died in a fire not long after he gave me this and any and all information on this clock and getting it repaired, I would so appreciate!! Thank you so much,

Your clock is a time only clock that is named the "Table Clock Paperweight" by Westclox. The plastic ring around the outside tends to shrink over the years and cracks or turns brittle. A few different models were made. One that I have with the box has blue and silver colors. It is model No. 690. Your clock was most likely made in the 1930's.
The clock does NOT have a second hand and is NOT an alarm clock.

I have a clock too exactly as you described. I found mine to be patented by George Blow in 1935 with a patent #98049, at www.uspto.com.

To find this pattent go to:
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/srchnum.htm

and search on "D98,049" (no quotes)

George W. Blow was an industrial architect and grandson of the founder of Western Clock Company (later Westclox®) F.W. Matthiessen. He was also on the Board of Directors before the company was sold to Talley Industries.
jimgtg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q&A transferred from the old BBS.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Westclox Information Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: